Monday, January 4, 2010

Let's Try This Again!

I have decided that my official New Year is starting January 4th, 2010! Yes...the last three days have been in lingo and now I'm ready to officially begin Twenty Ten! I am sitting on my bed with a huge weight lifted off of my shoulder because I have realized that you truly are in control of your emotions, at least when you are not at work!





In the last week I've worked 50 hours. 30 of those hours have been worked in the last three days. 30 of those hours have been spent bitching. And 5 or so of those hours have been spent consuming sweets such as Sour Patch Kids, dark Chocolate bars, Cherry Garcia Ice Cream and frosting off of Magnolia Cupcakes. I've spent the last three days despising my life, ruing my future, contemplating moving to Canada and hating myself for all of this that I’m convinced I'm 200lbs.



But no more! I'm ready for a new start. I still need to clean my space, but tomorrow I’m cleaning my diet, revamping my exercise and calming my mind! I'm surrounded by idiots on the streets and in my work place but as long as I'm aware of this and the fact that there is nothing I can do to change this...I might as well accept it and move on!



My New Year’s resolution on a whole is to be a better me. I'm going to challenge myself, step outside the box, and do my best to spend minimal time bitching about things that are out of my control. (Notice how I didn't say all together! I want to be a better person, but I'm definitely not perfect!). I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life, a supportive family and a great apartment on the upper west side...so all I have to do now is follow my heart and my dreams and allow myself the opportunity to be happy!



Here's a preview at some of the things I intend to do in the next year. Call it a life list, call it a set of challenges and obstacles, but don't call it impossible!

* Take a trapeze class
* Take ballroom lessons
* Run a 5K
* Sing karaoke in my Pjs
* Sky Dive
* Date more
* Take a baking class
* Throw a dinner party
* Have a weekend getaway
* See a taping of a show filmed in NYC
* Take gymnastics at Chelsea Piers
* Take a photo shoot of my girls
* Paint my apartment
* Ice Skate
* Go kayaking
* Get a new job
* Do something charitable
* Showcase my choreography


Want to join me? There is definitely more on my list...but some stuff is better left unsaid! So here's to a Happy New Year! Here we go Twenty Ten!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    I'm the Marketing & PR Coordinator at Chelsea Piers and pleased to see we made your top list! I'd love to help you fulfill at least one of your items (maybe even two)! Shoot me an email because I'd love explain further - jennaw@chelseapiers.com .

    Best,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete