Saturday, December 12, 2009

Enough With The Arms!

I love this time of year! Not just because of Christmas, Hanukah and Kwanza. And no, I'm not anticipating a new year’s kiss. I love the TV and magazine specials that come with the end of the year rituals. Come on, who doesn't love seeing Johnny Depp on the cover of PEOPLE? I knew he was sexy, but isn't it fun seeing him being deemed 'Sexiest Man Alive'? I eat it up! I love the countdowns. The best and worst dressed lists of the year. The recaps of celeb faux pas! I even love the Barbara Walters special. I don't love her, but I usually love the people she titles the 'Most Fascinating of the Year'.



The special this year left me irritated to say the least. Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert-cultural phenomenons. Sarah Palin, Kate Gosselin- Hot Messes, but news worthy. There were others obviously but the one that pissed me off was #1. Yes, Michelle Obama is fascinating. She's the First Lady of the United States. She sleeps next to the most powerful man in the world. That's incredibly fascinating. But to introduce her by saying her arms are the most fascinating part about her is trivial and insulting. If I was Michelle Obama I would have drop kicked Barbara's ass. We all need to move on to a new hot topic. Yes, she is beautiful. Yes, she has a great body. Yes, her arms are jacked. But did we forget that she graduated from Harvard Law School? And who cares that she is an advocate for women's rights, and promotes the organic/green movement when she inadvertently became the spokes model for J. Crew and Gap? Maybe if we as a society took a break from McDonalds and Cold Stone and ate an apple we'd finally have those Obama Arms! Just because it's says apple in apple pie, does NOT mean it's good for you!



It just pissed me off that Barbara Walters; a top journalist fell into the tricks of the jaded celebrity headlines and announced that Michelle Obama’s arms were probably more fascinating than she was! BOO Babawa Wawas, BOO! I love you Mama Obama, and not just because you would kick my ass in a street fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment