Monday, October 19, 2009

Shopping Advice!

Ok, so I am trying to find furniture for my apartment and I'm having no luck. My roommate is fabulous and has furnished the entire living/kitchen area, as well as decorated, hung artwork and configured the little space we have in the bathroom. I have hung one thing in my room, and it's crooked! I have no money and A LOT of ideas. Problem is, aside from the money thing, I have an idea of what I want to do and what I want my room to look like, but I can't seem to make it happen!

Today I did some walking around and popped into some places while looking for furniture. I spent about an hour in ABC Furniture. This place is 6 floors of amazing furniture, decor and personal items. I would furnish my life with this store, if I wasn't broke. But if you can drop $1,500 on a night stand, be my guest. If anything, it's fun to walk around and get ideas.

I also love to go into Urban Outfitters and rummage around the home decor section. Sadly I feel like their home furnishings have diminished. There used to be tons of furniture and decoration ideas, now it's a lot of crappy little nick-knacks, but there are still great colors to give you ideas.

I really want to find a good thrift/vintage shop for some fun furniture and decorations, so if anyone knows one that won't break my bank, I'd totally be game!


ABC Furniture
888 Broadway (at 19th Street)


Urban Outfitters
72nd and Broadway
3rd Ave btwn E59th and E60th
(and more)

1 comment:

  1. HOUSING WORKS!!! go to housing works!!! they are bomb and if you go to ones in like UWS where the stuff has been donated by people with money, there can be really good finds! they're all over the city!

    ReplyDelete