Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Wedding 'Bug'

Why is it that once your friend gets married that they try to ensure a speedy road to the alter for you as well? And it's not even just friends that try to do it, its co-workers, former classmates and then of course the bridal shop people. EVERYONE thinks that just because they are doing it, you need to do it too! Well, that's what people used to think about weed, and I still have never done it!



It has gotten to the point now where I feel like everyone I know is pairing off. And this of course leads to marriage for most, and do I dare mention...kids! I'll facebook stalk people from high school and then cry myself to sleep when I see that I am still the single girl. And I'm not just single as in not married, or in a relationship. I'm the epitome of single. I'm the friend that gets invited to weddings and is places at the table by the bar. I'm the friend that gets paired up with the only other single man at the wedding. I'm the one whose friends throw a party every time she goes on a date.



I mean don't get me wrong. I couldn't be happier for my friends. And I'm not anti-marriage, or relationships...I just don't have a very good (or long) track record! But I would like to get married. Someday. You know... a good 10-15 years from now! So to my dear married friends: thank you for your concern as far as my personal life goes. But thrusting your single male friends at me is not going to force the wedding 'bug' any more down my throat. A- I hate insects. B- I don't eat them either.

I did have a good experience today though with a friend from college and her quest for the perfect dress. I must say, it was quite a pleasure going shopping with her! She basically just needed an outside opinion so she could make a final decision. Well, let me just tell all you brides to be out there...if you are looking for a brand of dresses to try: La Sposa! The dresses in this line are not only beautiful, but they are made to fit a woman's body. No boxy frames. No large unflattering ass silhouettes! Plus, after shipping, alterations and the dress itself, she's looking at less than $2000! And it's a beautiful dress that will be hand made for her fabulous body!


Hopefully La Sposa is still making fabulously beautiful dresses ten years from now. So if ya'll can hold out, trust me- I'll deliver a fabulous party. I mean, I don't live completely under a rock, I do think about wedding plans! But until then... bring on the booze, bring on the cake and bring on the "Shout" song. Mama's gonna dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment